Location: Sheetz Distribution Services – PROSPECT, PA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Transport and deliver all products from the Butler, PA terminal to the various store locations in a safe and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Inspect truck and trailer for defects and safe operating condition before, during, and after trips and submit written report on the condition of the truck-trailer at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
- Drive truck to destination in accordance with the federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain professional relations between the customer, store personnel and the company.
- Load and unload product in a manner that assure safety and minimal risk of damage to product. Verify that product is being held and delivered at appropriate temperatures to maintain product integrity, appearance and safety.
- Ensure that all shipment documentation (e.g. bill of lading, etc.) required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that the appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s log, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Report all highway safety hazards noted in route, accidents involving driver or company equipment, and delays due to break-downs, weather or traffic conditions.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- High School/GED/Sheetz Training
- 2 years of verifiable tractor trailer experience with 130,000 miles; must be 23 years of age
- Class A CDL
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.
Source: Sheetz - Custom Search driver